Paso Robles is renown for the beautiful countryside and amazing vineyard views. This central coast wine region offers nearly endless miles of country and vineyard roads that meander through countless valleys and hills, offering breath-taking views along the way.
Cyclist Concierge can help make your trip to Paso Robles memorable. We can take the hassle and worry out of the trip by assisting you with your plans and also during your stay. John Kaiser and Carol Graham relocated to Paso Robles in 2005 from the San Francisco bay area. They were attracted to the area by the abundance of cycling roads, the great old downtown area and being able to live in a mature neighborhood within walking distance of downtown. The area wineries were like frosting on the cake for the couple. John has been cycling for many years and after meeting Carol in 1998, they took up tandem cycling. They have done many one day organized rides as well as 8 seven day tours, most recently doing the seven day Cycle Oregon tour in 2011. They ride year round in Paso Robles with a cycling club. The many years of riding and their experience on organized tours make them uniquely fitted for helping you to enjoy your ride in Paso Robles.
Weather is for the most part moderate and we are able to cycle year round. We do have a bit or rain in the winter months and some warm weather in summer but local cyclists, including ourselves ride through out the year with little interruption.
The roads in the area have little traffic and good surfaces. On the East side of town we have and extensive network of good riding roads. Most of these routes are relatively flat but all rides have some rolling hills. On the East side, most of the routes go through the vineyards and ranch land. On the West side of town we have fewer roads but they are very picturesque. Most go through wooded areas and past many wineries.
On the west side of town you can expect to do some climbing. Since we are only 24 miles from the coast, driving to the Cambria area and riding on Highway 1 along the coast is also a favorite. Drivers in the area are accustomed to seeing cyclists on the road and are careful when passing riders.
We can provide the following services for your trip.
(see “our Service” for more detail)
1. Map appropriate ride routes.
2. Provide emergency SAG service .
3. If desirable, we can lead the ride for you.
4. We can provide food and drinks on the route.
5. If you are shipping your bike to Paso we can arrange to have a local shop
receive and assemble it.
We can also assist you in selecting lodging and restaurant reservations.
1. We have hotels, motels and B&B lodging within a few blocks of the city center. We also have a number of motels just on the outer edges of the city. There is one B&B in the city and numerous places outside of the city. We are familiar with many of these facilities and can help you make a selection of a facility that fits you.
2. We have a number of excellent restaurants for lunch or dinner in the down town area with many other specialty eateries to compliment them. There is also one additional restaurant in Templeton just 4 miles away. We have eaten in all of these places and can help you make selections for your stay.
3. We are familiar with many of the wineries in the area however since there are now 250 of them, we obviously do not know them all. We can recommend wineries based on the types of wine you prefer. Some of the best wine being produced is by smaller owner/winemaker wineries and we know a number of them well.
With some of these we can make arrangements for a special tasting with the owner/winemaker.